- Fun With Fourier’s Law in the Cold Weather [Wired: GeekDad] - Awesome, easy science experiment you can do at home or school (if you can convince your kids to brave the cold)!
- Don't be illTwitterate or aTextual [The Innovative Educator] - Great ideas for using Twitter, text messaging service, and a free classroom response system (CRS) alternative with your students.
- Requiring algebra in eighth grade [Learning Strategies] - Larry Davidson comments on several articles about this issue. I have my own thoughts on the issue (I wrote about it when California first started talking about it in 2008) you can read here.
- Introducing Logs [f(t)] - I love Kate's way of easing students into this often frustrating topic. This is what I'll use the next time I teach it!
- The Case for Blogging in the Classroom [Creating Lifelong Learners] - Mathew Needleman dives into the subject thoroughly and from all angles.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Tags: five for friday
at 8:00 AM