- Shibaura Institute of Technology Students make more rules [via Larry Ferlazzo] - Michael Stout, an EFL teacher in Japan, shows thoughtful examples of negotiated class rules.
- Things It Took Me Way Too Long To Learn [from f(t)] - In the midst of her fourth year as a math teacher, Kate compiles a top ten list of good advice.
- New Free Flash Tool for the Classroom [from Technology Education Know-How] - Greg Smith details free Flash animation software and ideas for using it with students.
- Computer Repair Kit Packs Dozens of Tools in One Portable Package [from Lifehacker] - Many programs I use and recommend to keep my school and home computers running smoothly (and tons more) are included here. Load this on a flash drive and you'll be prepared for almost anything!
- 5th Graders Best College Students in Egg-drop Contest [from Geekdad] - I just had to pass along this story of how far students can go if you let them.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Today I'm leaving for spring break--taking a trip down memory lane in the Rio Grande Valley. After four years of mid-March spring break in college, followed by five more years of the same thing in the RGV, it was weird to have two breaks this year. I vaguely remember things being like this growing up in New Jersey, but in any case, I'm not complaining. Enjoy this week's must-reads:
at 7:00 AM